Temecula Valley Hospital
Webster Ultra Low NOx Burner
Commissioned August 2015
Temecula Valley Hospital Installs New High Efficiency Ultra Low NOx Burners
The hospital opened on October 14, 2013 as a center for healing with a soothing environment that has peaceful scenic views, natural light and spacious, comfortable lounges. With 300 affiliated physicians, over 600 employees, and 170 volunteers, TVH offers the community a comprehensive range of services similar to hospitals in large metropolitan areas.
The hospital offers major specialty services, including open heart surgery through a clinical collaboration agreement with UC San Diego Health. TVH is also designated as a STEMI Receiving Center and Stroke Ready Hospital by the Riverside County Emergency Medical Services Agency. The Joint Commission has also designated the hospital as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
With all of the advanced services the hospital provides to its clients, reliability of both medical and facility equipment is a must.
Failing Burner System
The hospital was originally designed and built with an Ajax Boiler heating hot water boiler system. The boilers were paired with a Low NOx burner system that together could not consistently meet the stringent local emission requirements of the South Coast Air Quality Management District. Additionally, they could not deliver reliable operations.
Plagued with constant flame failures, component failures, constant cycling and generally unreliable operation, the hospital contacted the experts at DB Sales & Service for solutions. DB Sales and Service were able to get the aftermarket burners to run but the burners still could not maintain operation. The burners exhibited excessive component failure, flame failure and poor quality.
Long-Term Solution with New Ultra Low NOx Burners
The hospital wanted a long-term solution. The combustion and boiler experts at DB Sales & Service recommended a high quality, high efficiency Ultra Low NOx burner from Webster Combustion. The engineers from DB Sales & Service recommended the Webster Combustion JBFX burners because of their proven reliability, high turndown capabilities, high efficiency, and durable design. Webster is the leading Ultra Low NOx burner manufacturer in the industry.
In 2015 the hospital moved quickly to begin replacing its burners to increase the efficiency and reliability of the heating hot water boiler system. The new burners were installed, commissioned and started-up by the factory-trained service engineers at DB Sales & Service.
The new project has met and exceeded the expectations of the hospital delivering true value and reliable operation for this critical facility.
- New burners easily meet the stringent Ultra Low NOx emission standards of South Coast Air Quality Management District.
- Increased burner turndown ratio provides less cycling and lower fuel bills for Temecula Valley Hospital.
- The robust Webster JBFX burner delivers reliable service.
- Webster’s patented Temp-A-Trim system reduces electrical consumption and allows for lower excess levels and lower fuel and electric bills.
- Siemens Combustion Controls provide advanced parallel position combustion control system and precise operation.
- In summary, overall system uptime has increased dramatically, maintenance costs are reduced, and air quality goals are consistently met.